Must-have features in an e-commerce website
Electronic commerce or e-commerce refers to any type of business transaction i.e. purchase and sale of goods or services performed via the Internet or any other electronic channel. Over the past few years, Electronic commerce has rapidly expanded owing to the convenience and affordability it offers.
Online retail is much more convenient than the traditional methods, primarily due to its 24-hour availability, wider reach, and prompt customer service. Today, e-commerce is a massive multi-billion dollar industry and is predicted to grow $1.5 trillion globally. There are four major categories of e-commerce: : B2B (Business to Business), B2C (Business to Consumer), C2B(Consumer to Business), and C2C (Consumer to consumer).
Must-have features in an e-commerce site:
While starting an e-commerce business is relatively easy, you require a lot of things to get started. Here are some must-have features to make sure that your ecommerce site is completely equipped for online sales.
- Positioning a search box would enable visitors to promptly search for the product that they are looking for.
- Displaying featured products on the website's home page or the side columns would provide information to the visitors about the top selling products, discounts, or sales offers.
- The 'Related product' feature would inform visitors what other products they can buy along with the products they are viewing currently. This would enable visitors to buy more than one product at once.
- The 'Newsletter subscription' feature facilitates users to stay informed and updated about the latest sales offers and product promotions. This would also enable you to create a mailing list for marketing campaigns.
- The Product Zoom feature enables visitors to closely view the minute details of products.
- Categorize the products on your e-commerce site effectively. In addition, the categories must be displayed where it is easily accessible.
- When building an e-commerce site, good navigation is a vital component that you need to consider. Users should be able to instantly access the different sections of the website.
- Select the perfect payment gateway solution for your e-commerce site.
- Incorporate a good return policy that not only makes the customer feel safe and assured, but also improves the sales.
- Provide customers the option to register on the website.
- Make effective use of graphics, awesome banners and images on the site, to attract more visitors.
- Inform the buyers how and when the products would be delivered to the customers.
- The 'News & Events' section on your ecommerce site keeps the visitors informed about the latest products, events, and other news connected to your online business.
- A good social media presence will surely boost your online visibility and brand. While certain companies use networking sites to interact with customers for their order-related enquires, some online retailers could be contacted only via networking platforms.
Zyxware offers you high-quality web design and development services that ensure better user experience and gives you a solid edge over your competitors. We will help you build your perfect e-commerce website - your most efficient marketing tool. With our highly experienced team of developers, we conceptualize and design each and every feature of your website in accordance with your branding and industry best practices. Enhance your online revenue with a professionally designed website and give your customers a brand new shopping experience.