There is no denying that marketing today is closely intertwined with technology and that technology has revolutionised the whole marketing process in more ways than one. A strong digital presence is mandatory for any brand to reach today’s tech-savvy customers. And to do that, marketers are using automated drip emails and scheduled follow-up reminders to constantly be with their target audience when and where they need them.
However, today’s customers are also using and communicating via multiple channels, forcing marketing and sales teams to use systems beyond a traditional CRM platform. Brands need to create an integrated and flexible MarTech stack to understand and capture the entire customer relationship. A thoughtfully designed MarTech stack allows you, as a business, to deliver an effective, adaptable, and long-lasting customer experience.
What is MarTech?
MarTech refers to how businesses use multiple marketing technologies together or in a stack to deliver a holistic, personalised, and integrated user experience! A stack has complementary marketing applications that share data, so you are better equipped to run successful marketing campaigns.
Why Drupal for MarTech?
With exponential growth in marketing tools and website builders, why are marketers still adopting Drupal and maintaining their existing Drupal systems? 1 How has Drupal evolved to become a crucial piece of leading brands’ MarTech ecosystems?
For marketing decision-makers, there are many reasons to choose and stick with Drupal, including:
- Designed to integrate with other marketing tools
- Increased administrative efficiencies
- Flexible front-end design options
- Reduced Costs
The Drupal community built Drupal 8 as the integration point for any suite of digital tools. Drupal 9 is uniquely positioned to help your organisation by unifying your systems and data with a robust API system.2
Every organisation has many MarTech solutions, and while each tool can deliver a new capability, it can also cause data to silo. Fortunately, Drupal was built with integrations that can help access your data in the context of each other and make better decisions.
Digital Transformation of Your Organisation
Drupal 9 is free and open-source software developed by people who understand the unique challenges organisations and individuals face across the globe. The platform comes with a set of tools that are helpful to organisations in transforming their online presence.
To upgrade to Drupal 9, you don’t need to start from scratch. When planning to migrate, you have the option to upgrade the architecture of the website without making front-end changes.
The Drupal 9 ecosystem comes ready to go, out of the box. Drupal 9 is a highly mature platform, and most of the modules on your website will continue to work for D9. One of the several reasons business owners choose Drupal is the vast array of modules available.
Why Are Organisations Using Drupal?
- The community of developers is strong and engaged. Contributed modules are the main staple for Drupal. These contributed modules, made by thousands of people, extend the functionality of Drupal to help meet specific requirements beyond core Drupal. Today, there are over 5000 contributed modules for Drupal 9 (the current release). The contributors to these modules are also working on making Drupal better and more valuable by developing the subsequent versions of Drupal. Drupal 9, released two years ago on 2020 June 3, contains enhancements to make Drupal easier to deploy, support, and develop over time. And Drupal 10 is just kicking off with a plan to make Drupal even better.
- Vibrant Drupal business ecosystems exist. As an open-source project, viable and thriving businesses have developed around Drupal. It means there are companies developing websites and integrated systems with Drupal to support the needs of large and small clients. It also means Drupal is highly considered when complex problems need robust solutions. Example companies offering Drupal products/services include Lullabot (consulting and training), Acquia (specialised hosting and support), Phase://technology (customised design, community Drupal distributions, consulting), Volacci (Drupal SEO), and Palantir.net (design and interactive). Many, many more are available on the Drupal.org Marketplace.
- Regular Drupal meetups occur across the world. There are people to turn to when experts are needed. In-person meetups occur regularly in many large and small cities around the globe. Additionally, the whole of Drupal meets up during DrupalCon. This twice-yearly event (North America and EU, alternating) brings together over 3000 people to discuss, learn, teach, discover, and have fun with Drupal.
- Other industry communities have supported Drupal. Drupal has received support from Google under its Summer of Code program to help expand Drupal functionality and features. The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation provided grants to advance the idea of efficiently publishing content online. Sony Music provided dedicated teams to help extend Drupal and then contributed those enhancements back to the Drupal community. Thomson Reuters helped develop and integrate Calais into Drupal to help raise the semantic, usable web.
Drupal + MarkTech Stack= Faster Response Time to Customers
Drupal is open-source software and involves a massive developer community that updates it regularly. You can say that the main strength of this software is flexibility and scalability.
Drupal is so flexible that you can integrate it with almost everything like Google Analytics, Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, Salesforce, etc.1 Drupal is a nervous system for your marketing technology in a rapidly changing technology landscape.
The US Marketing Automation Software industry is a $6.1B market in 2019, growing 20%+ annually – SharpSpring “Investor Presentation Jan 2019”.
The core strength is the big community, inventing new modules and integrations per market requirements and pushing cutting-edge innovation.
The digital integration of marketing automation tools will create a massive difference in the coming times for marketing communication. Due to this, these software tools and technologies will make it easier and faster to incorporate seamlessly with a Drupal-based website through custom modules.
75% of marketers say they currently use at least one type of marketing automation tool.
Drupal is not just a piece of software that is free to download and try out. It has real people involved, solving real problems and working to make the web, information, and technology easier to use for the rest of us. It means there are people you can quickly turn to to help make your website better.
Marketing with Drupal is the way for businesses to design and deliver excellent experiences. Drupal development facilitates enterprises in evaluating the levels of engagement that their site provides to the potential and existing customers. Drupal can help you implement marketing most economically and efficiently.
With the increasing consumer demands and data growth, progressive companies are looking forward to emerging technologies to lead in an era of intelligent and digital customer experiences.