Zyxware Technologies, established in 2006, has been offering Digital Platform Engineering and Quality Assurance services to a global clientele. With offices in India, US and Australia, Zyxware provides quality Drupal solutions across the U.S, the U.K, Europe, Middle East and Australia. We are one of the oldest Drupal companies in the world!
Drupal is an enterprise Content Management System that is extensively used in the large enterprises in companies like Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, IBM, Apple etc.
Having executed and delivered more than 200+ Drupal projects over the last 16 years, Zyxware brings a strong commitment to the quality of work. Our clientele includes large enterprises like IsDB, INSEAD, 24Mantra Organic, UNESCAP and mid-sized enterprises like Audeze, 3ie, Benzinga, The News Minute etc. We have had long standing relations with our clients and established ourselves in the USA, Australia and APAC region.
Zyxware Technologies is a featured service provider listed on Drupal.org and is one amongst 7 Signature Support Partners of Drupal Association
About the Position - Software Engineer (PHP / Drupal)
We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer who can handle medium to large development projects. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with a fast-moving environment and can learn quickly. You will be joining our India operations and will be working remotely with our teams spread across India.
Drupal is one of the hottest PHP technologies in demand in the market and a 3-5 year experienced Drupal developer will make around 2x the annual pay than a corresponding PHP developer.
You will be provided on-the-job training under the guidance and mentoring of experienced Drupal developers to get you up-skilled in Drupal quickly. Selected developers will also get the opportunity to be considered for onsite engagements at our US / Australia operations.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes
- Is a passionate about programming
- Is a quick learner with excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Is good at and enjoys solving complex programming problems
- Is passionate about creating quality code and following standards and best practices
- Pays attention to detail and improves / innovates continuously
- Has 3-6 years of application development experience in PHP
- Has a good understanding and appreciation of SDLC
- Has experience in working with LAMP stack
- Has strong PHP, MySQL capabilities
- Is proficient in relational databases and writing SQL queries
- Has experience working with Laravel or other MVC frameworks
- Has knowledge about WordPress or other CMSes
- Has experience in working with CI/CD systems
- Is well versed in version control tools and source control apps
- Has familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools
- Has a good understanding of building progressive web apps
- Has experience with a unit testing framework
- Is proficient with browser based debugging and performance testing
- Has experience working with third party tools / components integration
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has experience working with agile methodologies
Once hired, you will have the following responsibilities
- Write custom applications using Drupal, meeting Drupal coding standards and best practices
- Debug issues in existing applications, custom modules, contributed modules
- Convert HTML designs into Drupal templates and themes
- Build and update websites using Drupal
- Manage source using Git, GitLab, GitHub or other source control systems as needed
- Build and deliver code to meet requirements and as per technical design under minimal supervision
- Adhere to design specifications and contribute towards building and improving technical design notes
- Assess the feasibility of estimated time lines, execute with agreed upon estimated time, provide early warnings in case of anticipated delays
- Document properly in the project management system, in commit messages, in comments in code
- Contribute to the Drupal community through patches, testing patches, contributing and maintaining modules and themes
- Assist in coding, testing, debugging, and documenting applications working with other developers
- Mentor new developers
You will likely, but not necessarily, have one of the following qualifications
BTech / MCA / BSc Computer Science.
How to Apply
You can apply using the button below. You can also apply via LinkedIn at - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3059411588/