Associate, Business Development - ABD28092201
We team up with clients to help them exploit the opportunities of Digital Transformation and be their best. With our expertise in Business, Engineering and Experience we aid our clients to define and execute the next steps in their digital transformation.
Our expertise in digital transformation across Media, Education, Public Sector, Finance, and Retail speaks for itself with a client portfolio including the likes of UNESCAP, INSEAD, 24 Mantra Organic, Audeze, Benzinga, The News Minute, Islamic Development Bank, Government of Bhutan, Arizona Strategic Enterprise Technology.
The sustainable results we have created for our clients is made possible by our focus on users, scalability and adaptability. It is a focus that stems from our belief in Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) as a software development methodology and as a philosophy which arises from our founding purpose. This purpose, belief and focus is interwoven into everything that we do.
After establishing our presence in the USA, Australia, and India, we are now looking to expand globally. To do that, the focus is on on-boarding more people aligned with our values and empowering our people with autonomy to grow into their ideal career trajectories. With us you get freedom and support to make decisions that impact the business and your career. Is this a kind of opportunity that you appreciate? If yes, do read on to understand what the role entails.
The role is suitable for Freshers as well as for experienced candidates.
We are looking for a Business Development professional who will help identify, manage, write and win web and mobile application development contracts that are part of the client's digital transformation initiatives.
- Prepare winning propositions for potential customers drawing on the insights provided by sales team on client side business problems, solutions offered by service groups (consulting, engineering and quality assurance) and independent research on customers and their industry
- Lead the process of developing convincing proposals for new and existing customers aligned with the winning proposals and backed by argument and evidence that is neat and easily comprehensible. 30% of Proposal Conversion Rate is expected. Leading this process includes the following:
- Work with the Sales Lead / Engagement Lead to develop and agree on the "Bid Plan" [Timelines Plan on a page / Detailed Plan / Close Plan] and ensure the right sales capture strategy is reflected in the Bid Plan.
- Maintain the plan in our CRM (Insightly)
- Identify and mobilize the bid team resources including solution, commercial, and other support teams to create the bid team for an opportunity.
- Participate in deal qualification decisions (understand Win Strategy and Win Themes).
- Lead the execution of the Bid Plan from mobilization to closure (including work plans, schedules, milestones, deliverables). Coordinate bid team engagement for client clarification events including submission of questions and debriefing of client responses. Support preparation of materials for client dialogue. Manage the bid team resources & BD spend/budget for the duration of the specific deal opportunity.
- Run the Bid Kick Off Meeting and establish the Bid Team PMO.
- Identify, set up and manage bid reviews and internal approvals (including Legal, Solution, and Commercial).
- Act as an independent reviewer/ quality gatekeeper for proposal deliverables (working with Proposal Manager).
- Develop reusable components from proposals and build a repository for quick turnaround of proposals.
- Perform Win Loss Analysis every quarter and present to the Sales Head with a set of recommendations for improving conversions.
- Maintain an Opportunity Pipeline with estimated volume and timeline for closures for at least one quarter.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in client business using the state of the art of digital technologies
- Assess the trends in the market for our services and decide on how clients are pursuing their digital transformation plans
- Be able to conceptualize and execute dipstick research on relevant trends and patterns
- Basic abilities in Operations Design and Activity Based Costing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Very strong writing skills to be able to construct high quality, complex narratives and convey complex ideas simply and clearly.
- Strong numeracy skills and moderate-advanced level of competence using Excel spreadsheets and formulas for financial information including price modeling and budget preparation.
- Confident and proficient in IT skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
- Ability to think and work pro-actively and creatively under pressure
Required Educational Qualification:
- Minimum Graduation (BE/ BTech/ Science), MBAs preferred.
- Certification in Proposal Management, Design Thinking and APMP will be preferred
Required Professional Experience:
Work experience is not mandatory. Freshers are encouraged to apply, however, they will be expected to have an Management / Business Administration qualification and come with a strong theoretical background in marketing and sales.
The below specifications are for those with work experience. For the right candidate, education qualification requirements may be relaxed.
- 1-2 years in pre-sales/ proposal development areas.
- Should have been involved multiple deals valued at $250,000 and above
- Exposure in at least two industries amongst the following - retail, education, media, public services, financial services
- Strong exposure and understanding of sales life cycle, global delivery models (On-site/ Near-shore/Off-shore etc.), commercial models and pricing constructs
- Good understanding and/or experience of primarily Application Outsourcing and/or System Integration projects.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Good knowledge in concepts of Customer Satisfaction, Value Chain, Buyer Behavior, Consumer buying decision process, Consumer adoption process, Organizational Buying, Market Segmentation, Competitor Analysis, Brand Management, Packaging and Labeling, Pricing, Factors affecting Price Determination, Pricing Policies and Strategies.
- Exposure to Web and Mobile Application Development in Digital Transformation setting is desirable
- Good understanding of SDLC, IT concepts, hands-on project experience preferred
- Understanding about costing methods, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Exposure to technologies including but not limited to Free and Open Source Softwares, Cloud (Azure, AWS, Google) etc. will be a plus.