Electronic health records churn out zillions of patient data bytes, which can transform care delivery. In order to be successful, organizations must work towards cost containment, stakeholder advantage, process efficiencies, high market worth and targeted decision making. It is the power of the digital that propels this change towards customer centric, value-based care.
Here are four features, every healthcare organization must consider for successful consumer journeys during their digital strategy.
Leadership is invaluable for digital change
Digital transformation is a comprehensive organizational goal and must be dealt with insight and discovery from the top leadership. Even when organizations identify it as their strategic goal, challenges are inevitable:
- Allocating funds towards high-priority consumer journeys and integration initiatives can be complicated
- Regulatory and reimbursement guidelines constantly test boundaries
- While data and insights help understand and serve patients better, privacy and security must be priority during digitization
The value of the digital is total transformation
Digital transformations create high-value changes within organizations. Cost containment according to McKinsey amounts to 10% to 15% savings in payors SG&A costs. That comes to an estimated $15 to $25 billion industry-wide.
- Marked reduction in overall spending by replacing in-person consultations with virtual visits, and opening customer access to low-cost providers through digital transparency tools
- Automated, efficient processes and better decisions for true value healthcare delivery
- Analytical and data-driven approach to successful innovations and significant market penetration
- Connected stakeholders and better workflows through less complex, more customer-centric processes
The impact of the digital precipitates across stakeholders
When payors bank on the digital to provide low cost, convenient services, they strengthen their market position significantly and lower risk from new, more powerful entrants. Further, healthcare organizations can empower customers, allowing access to their medical history or helping them find the best possible health delivery setting and healthcare provider.
Digitization also improves patient-provider relations by empowering providers to manage population health better. Providers deliver quality care with better decisions and engage better in collaborative care and meaningful data sharing.
Vital digital analytics drive successful digital transformation
Richie Etwaru points at the immense value analytics will contribute towards digitally transformed healthcare delivery, and why the right strategy and right kind of data will be important for innovative healthcare organizations.
Decision making using big data analytics will directly impact healthcare delivery including value-based reimbursement and payment patterns. Analytics can redefine the way care management and provider credentialing takes place.
Deep analytics will allow organizations to target niche consumer segments and optimize payor networks effortlessly. In short, analytics will be the way forward to exceptional end-to-end consumer journeys.
On the whole, an insightful digital strategy would improve patient access to focused end-to-end care delivery patterns. This creates better outcomes while keeping overall spending much lower for providers and consumers.
Zyxware Technologies is engaged in evaluating the digital needs of competitive healthcare organizations, and delivering unique strategies through the Drupal platform. We have helped organizations become highly consumer-centric through powerful digital analytics and insight-based decision making. To know more, get in touch with us!