We are looking for a full-time Project Manager with strong agile experience and whose main function will be to implement customer solutions by serve as liaison between account managers, clients, delivery teams (globally distributed), and external partners in financial/ trading domain for a US client. Experience in globally distributed project team management and delivery is a must.
Specifically, the person will be responsible for the following:
- Provide servant-leadership and mentorship to a cross-functional agile team. This position will guide and serve teams that deliver technology solutions, through effective application of the Lean/Agile principles and frameworks including Scrum and Kanban. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
- Facilitate team organization and ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily scrums/stand-ups, sprint/iteration reviews/demos, retrospectives.
- Coach team members on the Agile values and principles such as collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and transparency.
- Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the teams ability to deliver against their commitments.
- Facilitate the creation and adoption of working agreements and definitions of done, including use of appropriate tools, standards and best practices.
- Ensure the team is tracking and communicating team progress and metrics (burn-down, burn-up, velocity, etc.) to the appropriate audiences.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).Support and empower the team to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Empower the team to self-organize around achieving their commitments.
- Challenge and enable the team to continuously improve through intentional Lean and data driven retrospectives.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practices where appropriate.
- Experience working with tools (Jira, Confluence, Slack) that accurately reflect progress, knowledge, and the state of efforts of the team.
- Provide reports and metrics as needed about team performance and productivity.
- Experience working on a Global Cross-Functional Team is a must.
We are looking for the following attributes.
- 5+ years serving as an active Scrum Master in a software development organization.
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of agile software development methodologies, values, principles, and practices
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coach and empower the team to reach their highest potential. Excellent team player and team builder.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with personnel at all levels of the organization and with diverse personality types.
- Have driven Backlog planning, Scrum planning, daily standups, Sprint reviews, Sprint Retros and to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time sensitive work environment.
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be "self-motivated" as well as creative and effective in empowering team members to propose solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- PMP or Prince2 + Agile Certification ( PSM, PMI-ACP, SSafe, Nexus)
- Strong understanding of MPP, JIRA, Smartsheet, Scrum boards, Kanban boards is a must
- Additional Competencies
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience & an excellent team player
- Adaptability and able to tolerate stress
- Client management capabilities with leadership traits
- Adaptability and able to tolerate stress
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and in building Continuous Delivery, High Availability designs and technologies with DevOps
If you meet the above requirements, please mail in your resume with the subject 'Application for the post of Project Manager - Agile - PM021907' to [email protected]
Please note that while the management appreciates your interest and application for the job, it may not be possible to send in a personalized response to all applicants. Shortlisted applicants will receive an email or a telephonic communication within 4 weeks of your application.