The solution we proposed was to switch the architecture of the banner ads from a session-based setup to a cookie-based setup which would remain independent of Drupal caching. We also recommended bringing in server level optimizations for the site which would improve the performance of the website significantly.
XO Communications Moves to Drupal: Improves Mobile User Experience and Sets the Stage for Web Personalization
Case Study | 8 min read
XO Communications, a USD 1.59 billion telecommunications service provider in the USA required an overhaul in their current website. Bluetext, XO’s branding consultant recommended a responsive and modern website to take on its competition. Zyxware Technologies designed, developed, and deployed the architecture for XO’s website such that it aligns to retain and expand its client base. The result was a corporate website offering a great user experience, which was scalable and modular enough to launch the next level of content personalization using the Acquia Lift personalization.
Technical Q&A | 6 min read
While working on a Drupal 8 project we suddenly encountered this error after pushing the site to the development server. This had not occurred in our local machines which caught us off guard. A little debugging on the error log revealed the cause of this Drupal message. If you encounter this error unexpectedly, the first thing you should do is to check the error log of the server which is what we did. However, if you do not have access to the error log it and if the issue is only occurring in a particular server after deployment then it is most likely to be a DB issue.
Drupal Technical | 2 min read
We were asked to provide an estimate for a Joomla client who wanted to know the feasibility of converting their Joomla site to Drupal. Before we provide an estimate it is our practice to review the existing setup of the client. The version of the CMS is what we check first when we do the review. Read on to know how to know the version of Joomla sit without admin access.
We were working on a Drupal website which was handed to us by one of our Drupal clients. We were required to add a new content type to the Drupal site and create the associated views with it. While working on adding a feature we found that the taxonomy terms (tags) were not appearing on the node page of any content type. If you find that the tags have been missing then read on to know the most likely source of the issue.
Drupal Technical | 4 min read
One of our Drupal clients had requested us to look into the innards of their website and see if the site can contain the influx of new users without breaking a sweat. We went into action swiftly and while we were gathering the details of the site, we realized that we need to get the count of all users having a particular role. We used a simple query to get the details of the users. Read on to know how to get the count of all users having a particular role in a Drupal 7 website.
[SOLVED][Drupal] PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x81\x842 t...
Drupal Technical | 4 min read
In one of the Drupal sites were working on, the members of the site frequently found that the nodes they had created were crashing. They would enter content into the node fields and try to save the node. The node would appear to save with apparently no error message. They found that it was not accessible at all afterwards. This wasn't occurring for everyone. We checked the dblog and we saw that the users were getting the error PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value:. Read on to know how we solved this issue.
We wanted to get the value of a field in a users profile in a Drupal site when they become a subscriber (when they got the subscriber role). Since we are very familiar with Drupal we intuitively searched for a hook that we would serve our purpose. Read on to know how to get the data of a user when the user has updated their profile
Technical Solution | 2 min read
There will be scenarios where you need to provide different varieties of ads to users based on the location of the user. Open X provides options for limiting the ads based on the location of the user. If you want to know how to configure geolocation in the OpenX server,read on.
One of our Drupal clients was using banner ads for their affiliates to bring in more members. Unfortunately these banner ads were placed inside the content with a page (A Drupal node) and the embed code for the banner ads generated using PHP code by enabling the PHP filter. If you have spent time in the Drupal world you would be knowing that enabling the PHP filter within the content area is a big security vulnerability. So the alternative was to use tokens. Read on to know how to replace a token within the content area of a node in Drupal.