Many Drupal users using Boost to cache their Drupal sites were getting the "Boost: Crawler is already running. Attempt to start crawler failed." error. If you are a Drupal users using Boost in your Drupal site and would like to know how to fix the Crawler already running error message then read on to know the solution.
Steps to fix the error message
- This error message usually occurs if you have many nodes and the server hosting your Drupal site is unable to generate so many pages within the timespan of a cron run
- This leads to a situation where the crawler is already running when the next cron starts along with the Boost crawler leading to an error message
- There is currently no single solution to fix the error message as it depends on the size and characterstics of the site in which Boost is running
- One Drupal user reported taking the follow steps to attempt to fix the problem
- Go to /admin/settings/performance/boost - "Boost crawler: Enable the cron crawler" and set
- Crawler Throttle->0
- Crawler Batch Size->3
- Number Of Threads->2
- Boost - HTML - Default maximum cache lifetime->One day
- Set cron to run every 12 hours
Hope that helps.
The easiest way to solve a Drupal issue is to hand it to the Drupal experts. We can provide a wide range of Drupal services to help you maintain and manage your Drupal websites. Get in touch with us to know more.