[SOLVED][Drupal 7] How to create a View of related terms in a block in a Drupal 7?
A large number of Drupal 7 users were looking for a way to create a View of related terms in a block in a Drupal 7 website. If you are facing the same situation in your Drupal site and want to know how to create a View of related terms in a block in a Drupal 7 website then continue reading to find out the steps.
Follow the steps below to create a View of related terms in a block.
- First create a View as a block
- After creating the View proceed to add the fields and teasers as required.
- If you are familiar with Views in Drupal 6 then you have to remember that Arguments are known as "Contextual filters" in Drupal 7
- Now add the filter: "Content: Has taxonomy term ID"
- Now configure the filter as follows
- When filter value is NOT in the URL: -> Provide default value
- Type: Taxonomy Term ID from URL &
- Check "Load default filter from node page under that
- Finally check the boxes of the taxonomy terms you want listed here.
- Save the View and you should get the block of View related items.
- However you might notice that the current node will be in the View block and obviously you might want it to be excluded
- To exlude that current node form the block we need to add the sedcond filter.
- Click [+] button of the contextual filters section
- Next select Content:Nid
- Next set the 'When the filter value is NOT in the URL' to 'Provide default argument'
- After set the "Default argument type' to 'Content ID from URL'
- Go to "More" and check the "Exclude" box
- Save the View
- You can embed the View in your nodes in your Drupal site.
Hope that helps.
The easiest way to solve a Drupal issue is to hand it to the Drupal experts. We can provide a wide range of Drupal services to help you maintain and manage your Drupal websites. Get in touch with us to know more.