2019 Drupal Global Training Day at Thiruvananthapuram
The Drupal community is one of the largest open source communities in the world. There are more than 1,000,000 passionate developers, designers, trainers, strategists, coordinators, editors, and sponsors working together. Drupal Global Training Day (GTD) is an initiative of the Drupal Association that represents the global Drupal community to introduce people to Drupal. The session aims to provide awareness of Drupal basics and its community. Attendees will leave with an understanding of what Drupal is and how to get started with the software, the community and Drupal.org.
International Centre for Free and Open Source Software (ICFOSS) an autonomous institution under the Government of Kerala mandated with propagation, promotion and development of Free and Open Source Software are organizing the Drupal Global Training Day in Trivandrum on December 21,2019 from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm. We invite you to participate in this event and be an active part of the global Drupal Community. The event is organized by ICFOSS in partnership with Zyxware Technologies.
Who can join:
- Decision makers from Government and Business who are interested in knowing and evaluating Drupal for their requirements.
- Anyone who wants to learn and contribute to Drupal.
- Anyone who knows Drupal and want to understand the possibilities and best practices.
Please note that the registration is limited to first 100 participants and at free of cost.
Please do your Registrations here
Date : December 21, 2019, Saturday
Time : 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Venue: ICFOSS, Sports Hub, Karyavattom, Trivandrum
Morning Session (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
- Opening Remarks
- Why Drupal? and What is the best way to learn Drupal?
- Drupal Showcase – Case Study
- Introduction to DrupalTVM - groups.drupal.org/tvm
Afternoon Session (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM)
Drupal Workshop - Build a simple Drupal 8 application from scratch in 3 hrs.
Prerequisite for Drupal Workshop
The participants need to bring a laptop with the following installed.
- MySQL 5.5.3/MariaDB 5.5.20/Percona Server 5.5.8 or higher with InnoDB as the primary storage engine, and requires the PDO database extension.
- Apache2 - rewrite module enabled.
- PHP 7.1 or 7.2 - Required memory size is 256MB. PHP GD and PDO enabled
- A GNU/Linux system (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) is recommended. If you can install https://www.drupalvm.com/ everything required will be preinstalled.