A feature is a set of Drupal entities, taken together to satisfy a certain use-case. A Drupal Module 'features' is used to create custom features. Let us check how to create a custom feature.
Features Module : what?
See here for the documentation on features module and download.
Steps to install the features module
- Download and extract the features module
- put the module inside the project_folder->sites->all->modules->
- click on the modules menu in the main menu and coming to the bottom, put the tick and enable the module
Steps to create a custom feature
- Click on the structure tab.
- Click on the features tab.
- Click on the create feature tab
- Give a name to your feature and the version, also select the functionalities and concerns for the feature by ticking each and after finishing,
click the download feature. A gz/zip file would download.
- You can apply this new feature in any new site just like module enabling.
That is it!!