cPanel offers a very simple point and click way to create subdomains in your hosting account. Read-on to know how to create subdomain for a site using cpanel.
Follow the following steps to create subdomain of your site.
- Log in to your cpanel account.
- Click on Subdomains icon in cpannel.
- In subdomian field enter the name of sudomian which you wish to use.For example if you enter dev in subdomain then the subdomain will look like dev.example.com.
- Select the domain you wish to create the subdomain for from the select list.
- In the Document Root field enter the folder name from where you wish to load the contents to subdomain.For example if you enter "/public_html/dev" then it will load contents from "dev" folder in "public_html" directory.
- Now click on the create button. Subdomain will be added by cpanel and you can view the details in next page which lists the subdomain name and the folder in use.