While working on a Drupal site I came across this issue that if my site is having many feeds and what happens if many users try to access this, which can possibly make our site slow. One of the possible solution is that we could create another domain for our feeds so that users can access the feeds from that domain. Also you can refer the article How to create a custom feed on Drupal 7 site using views to know how to create feeds using views
These are the steps to follow.
- Create an RSS publishing in 'admin/config/services/rss-publishing'. You can view your feeds in url/rss.xml. You can also create custom feeds using views for selected content type.Refer How to create a custom feed on drupal 7 site using views.
- Install and enable the module FeedBurner
- Set the premission to user who wants to access feedburner.
- Create an account in http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/myfeeds
- Once account is created goto "http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/myfeeds" and enter ur feed url say URL/rss.xml in the field "Burn a feed right this instant." and click Next.
- This will automatically generate values in two fields "Feed Title" and "Feed Address" make changes if necessory and click Next.
- "Feed Address" - To call the corresponding feed using feedburner URL say http://feeds.feedburner.com/"FeedAddress"
- Next page displays new Feed URL and will show the confirmation messgae that your feed is live.
- Now go to 'admin/structure/feedburner/burn' in this page there is two fields
- 'Local Feed' - path will be 'site-url/feedpath'(path given in view to access this feed).
- 'FeedBurner Feed ' -path will be 'created domain name/name_to_call_this_view'
In http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/myfeeds there is an option 'My Account' where a user can create custom domain name for feeds. For this, first user has to create a CName in their DNS server as sub domain. For different website hosting server the process is different. You can try this only if you need.
Hope you find what you were looking for. If you have any doubts regarding this get back to us via comment space below.