We were requested by a client to post the published content automatically on Facebook wall. For publishing a content from our Drupal site to Facebook wall, need to create a Facebook app .If you want to know how to post a published content to Facebook wall in Drupal 7 then continue reading.
- Download fboauth (http://drupal.org/node/1313956) and fridge module (http://drupal.org/project/fridge)
- Copy fboauth and fridge module folder to modules directory (sites/all/modules).
- Enable Modules: Admin >> Modules
- Post to Facebook BETA
- Facebook OAuth
- Create new application on Facebook. Please read this link to know how to create facebook app
- Configure Facebook OAuth settings: Admin >> Config
- App ID:
- App Secret:
- check the " Import Facebook e-mail address "
- check the " Real name (i.e. John Smith) " under the User name import
- click on " Advanced permission settings "
* Please select which information is rarely useful during the login process. (Enable '[feed] User's wall ', ' [links] Posted links ', ' [posts] Posts ')
- Save Facebook OAuth settings.
- Configure Post to Facebook (Admin >> Config)
- click on "Post to Facebook"
- Enable "Cross-post comments"
- Save Post to Facebook.
- Select content type (like article) for publishing content to facebook wall (Admin >> Structure >> Content types)
- Enable 'Post a link to this blog on Facebook'.
- Choose 'Publish to user's wall'
- Save content type.
- Create new content for the selected content type, say article
- Enable Post a link to this blog on Facebook.
- Save content. when you save the content, it will get automatically submitted on facebook wall.
Integrating facebook is only one of the ways of using social media strategies in promoting your website. There are other ways of integrating social networking systems on your Drupal website. We will be able to help you with setting up and rolling out a social media strategy for your website. Contact us to know more.