How to enable shell access for one or more cPanel account(s) through WHM
This is a common question asked by many cPanel/WHM users. Linux shell access is demanded by most web developers due to its advantage over the normal cPanel interface.
Steps to enable shell access for a normal cPanel/WHM setup are:
- Login into WHM with your username and password.
- Select 'Modify account' option from your WHM.
- Select the site for which shell access is to be enabled, from the list of domains and click on the 'Modify' button.
- Now you will be directed to another page where you have to tick the box corresponding to 'shell-access' and then click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page.
- Now you will be again be redirected to another page where you will have some more options displayed, select an option that suits your needs and click ok.
(I normally choose the first option - to create a seperate package for this).
This should do the trick.