SEO test cases to ensure good ranking of your Drupal/Non-Drupal websites
Here are some basic SEO tests that you can perform on your Drupal/Non-Drupal website. Whenever a change is made in your site, run these tests for better results and for good SEO ranking.
All these test cases points out to possible problems in the Drupal/Non-Drupal website. The observations and results of these tests can then be passed on to the web developer for updations.
- Check if the meta tags and meta descriptions are given and explains what the page is about in the page as well as html code.
- Check that the page titles are short and informative in page and html code.
- Check that the headings (h1,h2) are meaningful and exclusive in html code.
- Check that the images are 'Alt text' in html code.
- Check if the ' allow and disallow' given in the html code are working in proper way.
- Check that the Google analytics status is 'yes' in the google analytics module.
- Check that site information, site name and slogan are unique and accurate.
- Check the site loading time.
- Check if the mobile site is indexed by Google.
- Check through the w3c validator.
- Check if the site is shared with social media sites.
- Check if the 'bread crumb' is working fine.
- Use different free webmaster tools ; for example go to woorank.com/google.com/bing.com/yahoo.com and check the various SEO details.
- Check that the xml sitemap covers all links of the pages.
- Check that the custom 'search 404 error page' is created.
- Check that the page contents effectively communicates the topic of the page's content.
- Check that the structure of url is simple to understand and conveying the content information easily.
- Check if the pages not accessible by anonymous users are restricted in robots.txt by using free webmaster tool.
- Check the performance of the navigation in a website.
- Check if the anchor text is easy to convey the contents linked .
- Check if the backlinks are working in properly.
- Check whether a page has multiple URL.