We are looking for talented and experienced technical architect to build world-class user experience (web and mobile platforms) with Drupal and other open source technologies. The work involves providing technical leadership, developing technical specifications from business requirements, lead engineering teams to design, develop, implement the solution, its deployment as a reliable high quality software in production environment. While Drupal will be the centrepiece of our solution, technology components will include Mobility, Analytics, AI and many other relevant tools. The selected candidate can work from anywhere in India and work with the finest practitioners of Drupal. We have our software development centres in Trivandrum and Kochi, Kerala.
Specifically, the person will be responsible for the following:
- Controls system design within an enterprise or industry architecture.
- Influences industry-based models for the development of new Drupal systems.
- Develops effective implementation strategies and procurement.
- Overall responsibility for managing and coordinating the architecture of systems.
- Reviews others' system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology,
- Efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Establishes policy for selection of architecture components.
- Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Architect/ build proof of concepts, Produce detailed technical designs, that convert business ideas to software products that maximizes customer business outcomes.
- Accountable for delivering the technical roadmap and build the organizational technical capabilities aligning to the business plans and customer requirements, implementing quality assurance efforts for all development works, systems integration activities etc.
- Create technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Lead Project meetings with the customer when needed in presenting technical blueprints for building robust applications.
- Work with development team members to give necessary technical support for the delivery units when needed.
- Design / Review / Implement curriculum and training programs / workshops for developers as and when required.
- Will be involved in defining project /product's technical direction.
- Conduct technical audits and reviews.
- Verify estimations and technical documentation prepared by team leads or technical team members.
- Help sales team by providing technical support and estimations.
We are looking for the following attributes.
- Minimum 2 years in 'Drupal 8' in areas of core, distributions and modules and 5 years full-time experience with Full-Stack 'Drupal 7'.
- Must be demonstrably proficient as a hands-on architect in Drupal 8 and at least one of the platforms in the CMS space e.g. Sitecore, Wordpress, etc.
- Hands-on with any one of the commerce platforms like Magento, Shopify or other ecommerce engines like Commerce Kickstart etc.
- Development Experience with PHP, Drupal, Python or Java or Laravel, PostgreSQL or MySQL, GNU/Linux OS and tools etc.
- Knowledge of Drush or Drupal Console, Druml, Coder, Masquerade, Hacked etc.
- Good understanding of clean coding best practices and coding patterns
- Ability to articulate, participate in code reviews, pair program with peers, discuss/propose solution options and do spikes with newer tools and technologies if needed
- Hands on with BDT/ TDD and in any of the Unit test platforms
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies, Micro-services, Web services, RESTful APIs,
- Strong drive and ability to play and learn newer technology stacks and adopt/integrate as needed into existing platform
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills
- Should be a self-starter, fantastic team player and collaborator
If you meet the above requirements, please mail in your resume with the subject 'Application for the post of Technical Architect - TA011907' to [email protected]
Please note that while the management appreciates your interest and application for the job, it may not be possible to send in a personalized response to all applicants. Shortlisted applicants will receive an email or a telephonic communication within 4 weeks of your application.