We are looking for an experienced Business Development professional who will help identify, manage, write and win web and mobile application development contracts that are part of the client's digital transformation initiative including Government, International Development and private sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Very strong writing skills to be able to construct high quality, complex narratives and convey complex ideas simply and clearly.
- Strong numeracy skills and moderate-advanced level of competence using Excel spreadsheets and formulas for financial information including price modelling and budget preparation.
- Confident and proficient in IT skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
- Ability to think and work pro-actively and creatively under pressure
- 30% of Proposal Conversion Rate is expected.
- Work with the Sales Lead to develop and agree on the "Bid Plan" [Timelines Plan on a page / Detailed Plan / Close Plan] and ensure the right sales capture strategy is reflected in the Bid Plan.
- Identify and mobilise the bid team resources including solution, comercial, and other support teams to create the bid team for an opportunity.
- Participate in deal qualification decisions (understand Win Strategy and Win Themes).
- Lead the execution of the Bid Plan from mobilisation to closure (including work plans, schedules, milestones, deliverables).
- Coordinate bid team engagement for client clarification events including submission of questions and debriefing of client responses.
- Support preparation of materials for client dialogue.
- Manage the bid team resources & BD spend/budget for the duration of the specific deal opportunity.
- Run the Bid Kick Off Meeting and establish the Bid Team PMO.
- Identify, set up and manage bid reviews and internal approvals (including Legal, Solution, and Commercial).
- Act as an independent reviewer/ quality gatekeeper for proposal deliverables (working with Proposal Manager).
- Develop reusable components from proposals and build a repository for quick turnaround of proposals.
- 2-4 years in pre-sales/ proposal development areas.
- Should have managed multiple deals valued at $1 Million and above
- Expertise in at least two industries
- Strong exposure and understanding of sales life cycle, global delivery models (On-site/ Near-shore/Off-shore etc.), commercial models and pricing constructs
- Good understanding and/or experience of primarily Application Outsourcing and/or System Integration projects.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge in concepts of Customer Satisfaction, Value Chain, Buyer Behavior, Consumer buying decision process, Consumer adoption process, Organizational Buying, Market Segmentation, Competitor Analysis, Brand Management, Packaging and Labeling, Pricing, Factors affecting Price Determination, Pricing Policies and Strategies.
- Exposure to Web and Mobile Application Development in Digital Transformation setting is desirable
- Good understanding of SDLC, IT concepts, hands-on project experience preferred
- Understanding about costing methods, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Exposure to technologies including but not limited to Free and Open Source Softwares, Cloud (Azure, AWS, Google) etc. will be a plus.
- Minimum Graduation (BE/ BTech/ Science), MBAs preferred.
- Certification in Proposal Management, Design Thinking and APMP will be preferred