Featured Snippets are brief excerpts that contain the answer to the user query. It shows up right above the first organic results. Hence, it is called position Zero.
Let’s say we search on “Digitization in Media and Entertainment”, and below is a screenshot of the featured snippet based on this query.
Types of Featured Snippets
There are three common types of featured snippets which are paragraphs, lists and tables.
- Paragraph: The answers to questions like how, who, why, when, and what are shown in this snippet. Paragraph snippets are very popular.
- Lists: This snippet type includes answers that are delivered in numbered or bulleted lists.
- Table: Table featured snippets appear when you ask Google for information with two or more variables.
Benefits of Featured Snippets
Significant benefits of featured snippets are
- Increase in organic traffic
- Increase in keywords ranking
- Increase the brand awareness
- Increase conversions
- Increase the website authority.
I hope this article helps to understand the featured snippets better. Its type and benefits. We will share more information about the featured snippets in future articles. So stay tuned.