- User Experience Design: The UX designer should consider the accessibility standards in mind while defining the UX of the web portal.
- UI Design: When building the UI elements and styles, accessibility should consider. Factors like color of text, contrast of images, navigation elements, etc should be considered here.
- HTML: The html should be generated by following the web accessibility standards defined.
- CMS build: Options to input required meta information should be implemented. Eg. Alt text for images, Captions for tables etc.
- Quality Assurance: The test cases should include various web accessibility checks. Software for automating Web Accessibility checks are available and can be used to automate accessibility checking.
Web accessibility checkpoints in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)