Drupal 8 and the future of ecommerce
The online e-commerce and retail websites are growing at a super fast rate and are evolving into better sites constantly. As consumers expect to get newer and better experiences every time they shop, the technology driving these sites too needs to be growing and evolving simultaneously too. This will ensure that the modern shopper is given a whole new shopping experience with every trip to the online store. In its latest version, Drupal 8 has made adequate changes and additions to its platform to elevate the engagement level with the consumer.
Drupal ecommerce sites have the innate capability of merging commerce and content, ensuring that the customer goes through a wholesome content-driven experience. Being an open source system, Drupal Commerce is extremely customizable and a dedicated e-commerce framework which allows the user to tailor the website design in terms of the structure and design.
Why Drupal Commerce?
- Stores that have a huge inventory of colours/sizes/options benefit a lot when using Drupal commerce for their website, as it allows quick and easy expandability and maintenance is hassle-free.
- Ease of billing and shipping is an advantage as every SKU is allotted as a separate node, which means that every field has a different weight and spec.
- Robust features such as promo codes, discounts, tax calculations etc. are extremely easy to add to the framework.
- With the inclusion of shopping cart and checkout process, Drupal Commerce is a totally integrated package.
- Store makeovers for older establishments and additions/improvements for better functions make Drupal commerce completely future-proof.
Drupal 8 is a focused mobile-ready platform that has been built and upgraded as per the changing technology and increased use of hand-held devices like mobiles and tablets. This mobile-first approach is expected from a first-rate platform like Drupal 8, as the future of ecommerce literally lies in the hands of the consumer. Laptops and personal computers lag far behind while considering the usage of mobile phones for access to shopping sites.
Drupal 8 has game-changing features which augur well for the future of commerce:
Improved loading speed: Drupal 8 has reduced the front-end usage, drastically boosting the loading speeds. This also aids in retaining traffic and decreasing the bounce rate.
Mobile toolbar: The administrative toolbar has made access to the various areas of the site easier, while collapsing icons allows vertical orientation for small sized screens.
Responsive Theming: As per the use of the devices, whether it is a laptop or a mobile, themes like Stark, Batik and Seven, make automatic size changes to elements and blocks.
These features are responsible for making Drupal 8 a winner in all departments and has paved the path for the future of commerce for mobile users. Developers are bound to take to Drupal 8 in a flash, and that’s the sole reason why Zyxware has focused on this fascinating development in the world of web development.