There are two sections of steps to establish connection using FileZilla to Amazon EC2 instance. To connect to Amazon [email protected] instance, import the key file to Filezilla.
Import key file to Filezilla.
- Edit-> Settings -> Connection -> SFTP
- Click on "Add Keyfile" button.
- Browse to the location of your key file (.pem file provided by Amazon).
- Convert the .pem file to the supported format.
For connecting to Amazon EC2 Instance.
- Go to Site manager -> New site
Fill in the following information
- Host: DNS name of EC2 instance.
- File transfer protocol: SFTP-SSH.
- Logon Type: Normal.
- User: Your default username.
- Password: Leave it as empty.
- Click Connect button.
Edit: FileZilla by default will figure out the desired key.
Please feel free to contact us if any queries on the configurations.