If you are looking for an opportunity to lead exciting web application development projects across sectors like news media, community networks, e-commerce, non profits etc. then this is the right time to drop in your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for Project Leads who can lead our team of talented Drupal programmers towards delivering true value to our clients. APPLY ONLINE
Zyxware Technologies, headquartered in Trivandrum, is a leading Indian Drupal Service provider. We have delivered over 100 Drupal projects and are partners with Acquia, Volacci and New Relic. We are also a member of the Drupal Association and we are one of the leading code contributors to Drupal from India. We currently have a rapidly growing 40 member software development team with a goal to touch 100 by the end of the next financial year.
For a brief description of the kind of people we love to have with us, please visit http://www.zyxware.com/careers
Project Lead (Job Description)
The key responsibility of a Project Lead will be to plan and lead project execution through the entire SDLC The Project Lead will be responsible for multiple projects. The PL will be managing a team of approximately 8-10 programmers with the assistance of Team Leads. The Project Lead will also be interfacing with our Testing Team. The Project Lead is accountable for achieving client satisfaction and efficient project execution. The Project Lead is also responsible for contributing to development of the organisation by upholding our values and being focused on our vision and mission.
At Zyxware Technologies, we expect the Project Lead to follow the below project management practices as part of their responsibilities.
- Prepare plan documents in consultation with the client with timelines, estimates and resource plans.
- Communicate project objectives to team members and delegate work to members
- Monitor project execution and identify potential road blocks and take action to keep the projects on track
- Report on progress to Project Management Office
- Maintain project MIS
The PL is also expected to play a role in helping the organisation select the right people for Zyxware Technologies, mentor, train and nurture team members and provide feedback and guidance to team members for their professional development.
Maintaining the high standards of excellence and integrity at Zyxware Technologies is an expectation from all members of Zyxware Technologies.
5 – 8 years of experience in web application development
Development experience in a CMS, preferably Drupal
At least 2 years of experience in managing a software development team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good understanding of web applications development and SDLC
- Competence in planning, estimation and scheduling and planning tools
- Team management skills
- Experience in project management and productivity tools like Gantt Chart, Project Tracking Systems and spreadsheets
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.