User migration in web application is the process of migrating all users from one site (development site) to another (live site). Recently I have worked on a project where I got a chance to test user migration. In our project we had developed user migration in a sandbox environment. Following are the test cases for user migration.
- Ensure that the total number of users are same as on the old site from where it was migrated.
- Ensure that all user details fields such as Name, Email address, Location, Contact details etc are migrated.
- Ensure that the details migrated are correct.
- Ensure that the details migrated are not interchanged for another.
- Ensure that the location are mapped properly.
- Ensure that the profile pictures are loaded properly without cropped/compressed.
These are the basic test cases that I have executed for my project. If you have more points, please add those via the below comment box. Thank You!