One of the most important aspects of a Drupal application is obviously its interface which is all what an end user gets to see. These Web Design issues/bugs negatively affect the final look and feel of the end product. Here are some of the most common design issues to be avoided by a Drupal tester.
Common design issues in a Drupal site
1. Alignment issues
- Button alignment issues
Buttons should be left/right/central aligned. If there is more than one button on a page (as in the example below) then the alignment opted for both th e buttons should be the same.
- Text alignment issues
- Content should be left/right/central aligned.(proper spacing should be given between the title/text and text/button)
- Button text ("more") should be centrally aligned.
- Alignment issues to be noted in case of forms which contain text fields and buttons
- All text fields in a form should be vertically aligned.
- All text fields should be of equal width. An improper spacing like in the given example takes away the look and feel of the form.
- All text fields should start and end with the same level.
2. Another serious issue occurs when some of the expected elements/client requirements are missing.
- Icons or menu bar may be missing (due to the lack of attention)
3. Typos in the content are often ignored
- New text should begin with capital letter.
- Proper Spacing should be given after "," ":" etc
- Often the text in the content overlaps with the nearby text/buttons/images.
5. Color differences are another issue which can be easily noted. Color differences of
- Buttons might occur.
- Text might occur.
6. Font differences are also a common bug noticed in most of the sites. Issue might be with
- The Font Family
- The Font Size
- The Font Weight
7. Images getting cropped.
- Often images might get cropped at its left/right/top/bottom.
- Re-sizing of images to a specified width might compress/stretch the image.
8. Another issue commonly found in a Drupal website is that the node/content may be displayed in the URL
By checking all these cases, we can assure that Design issues doesn't exist on your Drupal site.