A few Drupal users have been searching for a way to allow only specific content types when adding a new pane. If you are searching for a method to do that in your Drupal site then read on to get a head start.
The following steps should give you a head start in the right directions.
- The options for restricting content type depend on module which is actually creating the panel (Page manager or Panelizer or Mini panels)
- There is a settings page that will control what layouts and what content types are allowed to be added to that type of Panel.
- If you are using Page Manager you can find the settings page at admin/structure/panels/settings
- However there is no fine grained permissions settings for individual panels.
- You'd have to write a module to create permissions to restrict content types to individual panes.
Hope that helps.
The easiest way to solve a Drupal issue is to hand it to the Drupal experts. We can provide a wide range of Drupal services to help you maintain and manage your Drupal websites. Get in touch with us to know more.