Search box helps a user to search data within the website. Following are the test cases / checklists for default Drupal 7 search box
- Ensure that the system displays all possible search results on searching valid data (alphanumerics) in the search box.
- Ensure that corresponding pages are loaded on clicking the search results.
- Ensure that the most suitable search results are displayed at the top of the result list.
- Ensure that an error message is displayed on searching invalid data in the search box.
Drupal 7 default error message for an invalid entry is:
- “Your search yielded no results
- Check if your spelling is correct.
- Remove quotes around phrases to search for each word individually. bike shed will often show more results than "bikeshed".
- Consider loosening your query with OR. bike OR shed will often show more results than bike shed. “
The default error message for Drupal 7 search box is "You must include at least one positive keyword with 3 characters or more".