What are the advantages and disadvantages of Agile Methodology?
The methodology which follows quick and well coordinated movement is Agile methodology. Agile refers something which will do very quickly. As soon as the developer completed coding, testing will start and report all the bugs. Rather than testing, a tester can pointed out his ideas also. Quality of the deliverable is emphasized which will avoid the defects coming from the end user.
Advantages of Agile Methodology
- As the Agile methodology uses less documentation the very first advantage is, it saves a lot of time and money.
- If any change request or new enhancements comes during the development phase, it can be implemented without considering the budget constraint.
- We can determine the issues in advance as there is daily meetings and discussions and therefore able to work on it accordingly.
- Quick development and testing helps to recognize the gaps existing in either requirements or technology used and can try to find the workaround.
Disadvantages of Agile Methodology
- For bigger and complex project, it is difficult to determine the efforts estimation at the beginning of the software development.
- For Designing and Documentation, agile methodology pays less importance.
- If the client is unclear about his requirements, there is a chance for messing up the project.
- For Agile methodology, experience resource will be needed.
Hope you understand the advantages and disadvantages of Agile methodology. Agile methodology is iterative in form and also requires regular feedback from the client so that the new requirements can be implemented as early as possible. As all the requirements need to be completed very quickly, there exist a transparency between each individual working on the project and the status of each phase.