April 27, 2012 - 18:26
Have you ever thought about the security of your Drupal website on the web? If not, it’s high time you did that. Either be the case, here’s a simple checklist to make sure you have the essentials ready:
Drupal Security Checklist
- Check that your admin passwords are secure.
- Upgrade Drupal Core and Contrib modules to the latest version.
- Turn off on-screen error reporting at admin/settings/error-reporting.
- On the Permissions page, verify what permissions anonymous and authenticated users have been given.
- On the User Settings page, verify that account creation settings are as you intend (can users create their own accounts, and do they need approval?).
- Check Reports > Status report and make sure there are no warnings or errors.