Drivers for Compaq Presario C770TU Laptop for Windows XP
Compaq presario C770TU laptop comes with 1.73 GHz Intel Pentium dual core processor T2370, 1 MB L2 Cache, 1 GB DDR2 RAM, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100,160 GB (5400 rpm) HDD, 15.4” WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen and so on. It comes with Free DOS. But if you have downgraded your OS, you would probably have trouble finding the drivers needed for your laptop. This is beacuse HP-Compaq does not support Windows XP anymore. But we have solved the issue for you. For all drivers for Compaq presario C770TU for windows XP, follow the post below.
Kindly check the link to know more about Issues regarding downgrading to or installing Windows XP in HP-Compaq systems
Neither Zyxware Technologies, nor HP-Compaq can give you a guarantee that these drivers will work perfectly in your system. How ever, you may try installing these.
You can either click or copy the given link and paste them onto a new driver to download them.
Chipset and LAN Driver:
HP Quick Launch Buttons:
Realtek RTL8100CL/RTL8110Sb NIC Driver
Intel Pro Wireless:
Synaptics Touchpad drivers:
HP Help and Support for Microsoft Windows XP :
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver:
Conexant CX20549-12 High Definition Audio driver:
Note: Please copy the entire link starting from "ftp" to "exe" and paste it in the address bar of the browser in your computer and press enter.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36090 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant CX20548 Modem Driver for Microsoft Windows XP
1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp33890 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2b) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions.