For those who are new to Linux Operating system (an open-source and mostly POSIX-compliant operating system modelled on UNIX, assembled under free and open-source software development model), may found difficulty in navigate to directories via Linux terminal.
You can install nautilus-open-terminal to open the directory in terminal, if you are using nautilus, which is the default file manager.
To install nautilus-open-terminal, follow the steps below.
- Open the terminal.
- Type the following command.
sudo apt-get install nautilus-open-terminal
- After installation you can verify the right click option. You will be able to see an option 'Open in Terminal'.
- If you couldn't find a new option 'Open in Terminal', type
nautilus -q && nautilus &
to quit the file manager, nautilus and reopen it.
- Right click on any directory, and you are done!!!
- You can also kill the nautilus instead of logout and log in back, using
sudo killall -9 nautilus
Hope this helps!