A bug was noticed in the Drupal site that permission for creating node not working on upgrading the module. We can create the node or view it if we are admin users but the node is not accessible to authenticated users or cant be viewed by anonymous users.
I tried the fixing by looking at the permissions of the nodes to the specific users.It all looked fine and created a custom permission for the same.The issue still stayed.
Then I could find that,the approach of getting view is defined in taxonomy term for the content type.If any change is made to the vocabulary,the changes are being affected to the content access permissions
Follow the below steps for quick fixing of issue:
- Uninstall Taxonomy Access control at admin/build/modules/uninstall
- Re-enable Taxonomy Access control
- Rebuild the content access permissions at admin/content/node-settings
- At admin/user/taxonomy_access, check whether the Create box is unchecked in all the following areas:
- Anonymous: Global default
- Authenticated: Global default
Hope the above fixes the Issues.