[Drupal] How to create a Twitter app for posting published content on Twitter?
We were requested by a client to create a Twitter application in their Drupal site which would post the published content automatically on Twitter. If you want to know how to create a Twitter app for posting published content on Twitter in a Drupal 7 site, then continue reading
- Use this link for creating a new Twitter application
- In the application page, add the name of the app, description of the app & Callback URL:
- After that enable 'Yes' in the I agree option and enter the Captcha from the application page
- Next click on "Create your Twitter application"
- Change the Access level under the OAuth settings
- Then click on app setting
- Change Application type as Read and write
- Finally update this twitter application's settings
- For getting access token, click on "Create my access token " under your access token. It provides Access token and an Access token secret string to sign requests with your own Twitter account
- Use the Consumer key and Consumer secret key for configuring Twitter ( Admin> Config > Web Services > Twitter)
- Thats all there is to it.
Hope that helps