Compaq Presario C765TU Laptop Drivers for Windows XP
Compaq Presario C765TU is an Intel based laptop from the house of HP-Compaq. It is fitted with an Intel Celeron Processor(1.0GHz), 1GB RAM, 120GB Hard disk, DVDRW, 128MB Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, 15.4" widescreen, wireless, LAN and so on. This system is pre-install with FreeDOS and you need to install an operating system so as to work on it. You will not find any issue in installing GNU/Linux Operating System into this machine. But installing Windows XP would be a problem as HP-Compaq does not support use of any kind of Windows in any of their machines. They support only Vista. If ever you install XP, you will find it difficult to get drivers as they are not easily available online. Here we have the links for drivers for Compaq Presario C765TU laptop.
Kindly check the link to know more about Issues regarding downgrading to or installing Windows XP in HP-Compaq systems
Neither Zyxware Technologies, nor HP-Compaq can give you a guarantee that these drivers will work perfectly in your system. How ever, you may try installing these.
Please click the given link or copy and paste it to a new browser to download the files.
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition. Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
Note: Please install the UAA driver before installing the Audio and Modem driver in the notebook followed by a restart.
First download and install the UAA driver from the following link:
After installing this, download and install the audio driver from the following link:
This will create a swsetup folder in C drive ("C:\swsetup\sp34200")
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Updatedriver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp34200 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2a) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant CX20548 Modem Driver for Microsoft Windows XP
Installing modem drivers may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the modem driver installed correctly.
Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
1. Right click on "Modem device " and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36089 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2b) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Alphs Touchpad driver:
HP Help and Support for Microsoft Windows XP :
NOTE: The URL above will take you to a non HP Web site. HP does not control it and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site.
Realtek RTL8100CL/RTL8110Sb NIC Driver:
Software and Drivers for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless:
Here is the link for webcam driver:
Follow the on-screen display to install these drivers. It is adviced to restart the laptop after each install or when the installation wizard asks you to restart.
Incase you need further assistance, do feel free to contact us.
Trivandrum - 695004