Compaq Presario C795TU Laptop drivers for Windows
Compaq Presario C795TU is powered by an Intel Pentium Dual Core processor. It is equipped with 1GB RAM, 160GB Hard Disk, DVD RW, Wireless and so on. It comes with a pre-installed FreeDOS. This machine is designed to work with Windows Vista only. In case you want to install Windows XP, the company does not guarantee that all the drivers would work well with XP as they are not properly tested to do so. Here we have given a set of links for drivers for Presario C795TU laptop from HP-Compaq.
You may face various kinds of problems in the machine after installing Windows XP. Please click here to know more about Issues with downgrading to Windows XP on HP-Compaq desktops and laptops
You may either click the links or copy and paste it to a new browser window inorder to download the drivers.
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for high Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver. Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture Driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
Conexant Smart Audio 221 Driver:
Unzip to a folder..make note of location.
From Device Manager,right click "Audio Device on HD", choose Update driver > No to connect > Install from a list or specific location > Select Don't Search, I will choose the driver to install > For the Hardware Type select 'Show All Devices'
Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk" > Next...browse to the unzipped folder and choose the "WiSVHe5.inf" > Ignore XP when it complains
Now reboot the system.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\spXXXXX folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant CX20548 Modem Driver:
1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\spXXXXX folder and select the .inf file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Realtek RTL8100CL/RTL8110Sb NIC (LAN) Driver:
Both Intel Pro Wireless and BroadCom wireless drivers are given below. Please try the other, if one does not work.
Intel Pro Wireless Driver:
BroadCom Wireless Driver:
Quick Launch Button Driver:
Synaptics Touchpad Drivers:
HP Help and Support for Microsoft Windows XP:
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the spXXXXX.EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions.
Trivandrum - 695004