HP-Compaq has a Presario model laptop - Presario V3611AU. It comes with an AMD Turion Processor, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 120GB SATA HDD, 8X SuperMulti DVD Writer, 14.1" Widescreen and more. They do not provide drivers for this laptop for any Operating Sysem other than Windows Vista, in their website. Here are the links for its drivers for Windows XP.
You can either click on the links or copy and paste them to a new window to download these drivers. We have provided alternate drivers also. Please try the alternate ones if the first one does not work for you.
NVIDIA nForce 630M Chipset Driver:
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150 Graphics Driver:
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high
definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture
(UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer
before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) driver
that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the
following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36408 (or sp33543) folder and then double click the V32
folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen
Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP drivers:
1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp33890 (or sp33340) folder and select the .inf (wis30b2b)
file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver:
Network Drivers ( LAN):
Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Host Controller:
Alps Touchpad Driver Download link for V3500 and V3600 series
HP Quick Launch Buttons:
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the .exe file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries.