The word 'Social Networking site' needs no definition. It plays a major role in helping users to connect with each other. Apart from this, they also plays a crucial role in promoting business (in increasing the traffic to one's site). In this article, we will see all possible test cases for testing a site with social networking implemented. Testing is almost similar in facebook, twitter and google plus.
- Ensure that on clicking the like button, user is re-directed to the corresponding facebook login page (NB: Latest revision includes liking without login).
- Ensure that on login, user is able to like the page.
- Ensure that the number of likes gets incremented.
- Ensure that after liking, that activity is getting displayed on user's profile page.
- Ensure that the user is able to un-like the page.
- Ensure that on un-liking, the number of likes gets decremented.
- Ensure that the user is able to comment on the comment block.
- Ensure that the user can like as well as reply for the comments entered by other users.
- Ensure that the recent comments are getting displayed on the top of the block.
- Ensure that the user is able to delete/edit the entered comments.
- Ensure that on clicking the twitter button, user gets directed to the twitter's sign-in page.
- Ensure that on signing in, user is able to share that page (tweet).
- Ensure that on tweeting, the count on the twitter button gets incremented.
- Ensure that on clicking the google plus button, user is re-directed to the corresponding gmail sign in page.
- Ensure that on signing in, the user is able to share the page.
- Ensure that on sharing, the count on the google plus button increases.
NB: It was found that the social networking sites are more often revising their functionalities. Therefore before testing the application, make sure that you go through the recent revisions and test accordingly.