How to find out the current port being used by SSH on a WHM based server
Most web developers & system administrators have to do SSH logins to WHM based servers to make the necessary changes there. The default port used for ssh logins is port 22. However there might be unusual circumstances where port 22 is not the default port. In such a scenario we need to identify the default ssh-port used by the server. If you are facing a similar situation then read on to know how to find out the current port being used by SSH on a WHM based server.
Here are the steps to identify the default ssh-port from WHM:
- First Login to the WHM with your username and password.
- In the 'Plugins' option click on the 'ConfigServer Explorer' option.
- From the list of folders select the 'etc' folder.
- In the next list of folders select the 'ssh' folder.
- Within this list click on the 'ssh config' file.
- The ssh config file consists of the details of the ssh-port which is selected as the default.
In most cases the port will be 22. However if you are having any problem with your ssh connection, follow the steps mentioned above and find out which is the default ssh-port used and then try to ssh using that port.