QR code is a two dimensional bar code having information which can be recognized and interpreted through electronic signals only. QR code is displayed in square pattern with dark dots in white background.
For testing Mobile QR codes you have to first install a QR code reader on your device. For example QR Droid is one of the apps in the Android Market (Google Play) that adds QR Code support to Android phones.
How to test QR Codes?
- Install any of the QR code apps for your phone
- Open the page where QR code is displayed.
- Open the application on your mobile and target your device's camera at the QR code.
- Then the bar code information will be displayed in your mobile.
- Test whether the information interpreted by the reader is the same as what was expected of the QR code.