We are looking for Project Managers who can lead our team towards delivering true value to our clients. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the planning, execution and delivery of projects with the assistance of Project Leads.
Specifically, the person will be responsible for the following:
- Works with the client to define the project scope.
- Creates and tracks against a detailed project plan and resource plan.
- Identifies and obtains any training, tools and infrastructure requirements of the project.
- Identifies stakeholders and defines the communication plan.
- Establishes and tracks client objectives and Zyxware objectives for each project.
- Ensures effective risk, issue and dependency management.
- Ensures timely escalation to senior management.
- Ensure that project deliverables are within scope, schedule, budget and with excellent quality.
- Conducts periodic and timely project reviews with reportees. Monitors project progress towards meeting objectives, evaluate causes of deviation from plan, takes corrective action to address deviations.
- Provides periodic project metrics and financials reporting to senior management.
- Ensures coordination between various stakeholders and teams.
- Understands clients' requirements and priorities and ensures the delivery is as per clients' needs.
- Sets up client meetings, reviews progress with clients.
- Establishes a trusted working relationship with clients.
- Understands the client's business and the larger project context.
- Raises demand for resources appropriately and works with HR to bring in resources with the right skill sets.
- Evaluates and manages productivity of resources.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of resources and implements corrective measures.
- Ensures effective resource utilisation of direct and indirect reportees.
- Provides feedback to resources and mentors resources/drives mentoring of resources as per reporting hierarchy.
- Conducts Continuous Performance Evaluation cycles.
- Enhance, improve and administer Zyware Project Management methodology in line with industry standards.
- Evaluates tools and systems in use and contribute to improvements.
- Exhibit Zyxware values. Encourage and develop the organisation culture in accordance with the same.
- Plan and organise training.
- 8 – 12 years of IT industry experience.
- At least 4 years of experience working as a Project Manager.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Qualification: B.Tech/ MCA.
- Software Industry project management certifications like PMP or Lean Six Sigma.
- Good understanding of web applications development and SDLC.
- Competence in planning, estimation, scheduling and planning.
- Team management skills.
- Experience in project management and productivity tools.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Organised, passionate and goal oriented. Always keeps the big picture in mind.
- Drives project ownership and inspires a sense of shared purpose within the team.
- Works well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Can shift between the big picture and small-but-crucial details knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Constantly improving own as well as their team's skills.
- Demonstrates exemplary leadership.
People Management skills:
- Motivates the team, drives ownership and inspires a sense of shared purpose within the team.
- Ensures team morale is maintained throughout.
- Develops other leaders in the organisation.
- Is adept at conflict resolution.