Many Drupal users wanted to know how to create a background slideshow using Views Slideshow. If you are looking for the exact method for creating a background slideshow using Views slideshow in your Drupal site then continue reading.
Here is the solution for creating the background slideshow.
- Within Views in your Drupal site create a template file for the slideshow image field.
- Next we have to output the image path in this template file.
- Take care to display the image in the div too as the slideshow uses the images in the div to determine the size of its display
- To retrieve the path of the field set a field relationship in Views and the image path should be available as a token.
- Now the template will be outputting [image_field]
- Replace this with the background image - background-image:url'[image_field]
- Next you should override the slideshow CSS (to hide the image in the div)
- Give it the following style attribute visibility:hidden; width: 100% !important;
- Next set the slideshow container to 100%.
- Finally set the background image to be centered.
Hope that helps.
The easiest way to solve a Drupal issue is to hand it to the Drupal experts. We can provide a wide range of Drupal services to help you maintain and manage your Drupal websites. Get in touch with us to know more.