Compaq Presario V3228AU is a laptop from the house of HP-Compaq. It is an AMD based machine with a Turion 64 Mobile proccessor with a speed of 2.0 GHz, 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 14.1" Widescreen Display, NVIDIA GeForce graphics, 80 GB Hard drive, 8X DVD-RW, Wireless, LAN and all the standard features. This is a DOS based machine. Here are all the drivers for Windows XP. Keep in mind that these are designed only to work with Windows Vista. The drivers given below are not tested for XP. Neither Zyxware nor HP-Compaq can guarantee that these driver will work well.
You can either click on these links or copy and paste them onto a new brower and click ok, to download them.
Before installing the Audio and modem drivers in your Notebook you have to install the microsoft update(UAA) driver from the below link:
After installing this restart the Notebook, Now download and install the audio driver from the following link:
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the
following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location".
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install".
5. Click next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp34386 folder and select the .inf file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
This will give error message and also will create a folder C:\swsetup\sp33839 which contains extracted driver files.
**The same method which is used for installing the Audio needs to be followed here.
Touch pad Driver:
Quick launch buttons:
Broadcom wireless driver:
HP Wireless Assistant:
5 in 1 card reader driver:
Chipset and NIC card driver(Nvidia):
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the spXXXXX.EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions.
Trivandrum - 695004