Compaq Presario V3713AU is another laptop from HP-Compaq. This is an AMD based machine with Dual Core technology. The features include 14.1” WideScreen, 160GB Hard Disk, 512MB DDR2 RAM, Built-In Webcam, DVDRW & Double Layer Burner, 802.11 b/g Wireless Lan, Bluetooth, Card Reader, ExpressCard / 54 PC Card, Expansion Port 3, 56K Modem, 10/100 Lan Port etc. This is a blank machine with a FreeDOS. If you are planning to install Windows, you would require various types of drivers to run this laptop. They are given here. A word to remind: This laptop is designed for Windows Vista. Neither Zyxware nor HP-Compaq gives you any guarantee that these driver will work as they are not tested for XP.
You can either click on the given links or copy and paste them on to a new browser to download the drivers.
NVIDIA nForce 630M Chipset Driver:
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M Video Driver:
NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is invalid. Please copy the entire link starting from "http" to " exe" and paste it in the address bar of the browser installed in your computer and then hit enter.
Alps Touchpad Driver Download link for V3500 and V3600 series:
HP Quick Launch Buttons Drivers:
Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Driver:
Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver:
Network Drivers ( LAN):
Alternate network Drivers: (Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Driver )
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture Driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36408 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Driver:
1. Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp33890 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2b) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
When you download it will ask you to run or save. Then you select save, and save it on the desktop. After the completion of the download. Double click on the saved file and follow the display instructions.
NOTE: The some of the URL above will take you to a non HP Web site. HP does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site.
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the spXXXXX.EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions.
Trivandrum - 695004