Presario C747TU is another model laptop in HP-Compaq's notebook product line. Thinking of installing Windows XP in that maching would be a problem, as you would find it difficult the find the drivers for the sameHere we have given all the available drivers for XP. Neither Zyxware nor HP does not give you any guarantee that these driver would work properly as they are not tested for Windows XP. Here are the drivers.
You can either click or copy the given links on to a new browser to download the drivers.
Realtek RTL8100CL/RTL8110Sb NIC Driver:
Intel Pro Wireless Driver:
BroadCom Wireless Driver:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32001-32500/sp32156.exe
Synaptics Touchpad Sriver:
HP Help and Support for Microsoft Windows XP :
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture Driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
Conexant CX20549-12 High Definition Audio Driver:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36090 folder and the double click the V32 folder. Select the .inf file, click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Sarah: Similarly install Modem Drivers:
Conexant CX20548 Modem Driver:
1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp36089 folder and select the .inf (sprtHD5m) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
HP Quick Launch Button software download:
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the spXXXXX.EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions.