HP-Compaq has a model of laptop - Presario C716TU. This is a pretty good model of laptop which is based on Dual Core Processor. It is equipped with an Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor 1.46 GHz, 512 MB DDR2 RAM, 160GB SATA Hard Drive, 8X Dual Layer DVD writer, 15.4" Widescreen display, Modem, Integrated Wi-Fi, and it comes pre-installed with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition. The company does not provide driver for Windows XP as this model is pre-installed with Vista. Here we have given links to all the driver for XP for Presario C716TU.
Here are the steps to install Audio driver:
First, download and install Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio the following drivers :
If this do not download then try these links:
After installing the UAA driver from the above link, you have to restart the notebook and then install Conexant High Definition Audio Driver from the following link :
This will create a swsetup folder in c drive ("C:\swsetup\sp34200")
Installing Audio drivers may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
Open the Device Manager:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Click on Sound, video and game controllers and then Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp34200 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2a) file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
The same steps can be followed to install the Modem driver from the below link:
Intel PRO/Wireless Driver:
Realtek RTL8100CL LAN Driver:
Intel SATA AHCI Controller Driver:
Synaptic Touchpad Driver:
5 in 1 card reader Driver:
Quick Launch Buttons Driver:
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the spXXXXX.EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions.
Trivandrum - 695004