HP-Compaq has a Presario model of laptop - Presario V6613TU. It is a good model and it comes with the following - Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1.5 GHz Processor, 1GB DDR II RAM, 160GB Hard Disk, 8X DVD Writer with Double Layer support, 5.4" WideScreen Display, 6-cell Li-ion Battery, Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, Wi-Fi, Media Card Reader and many more. If you ever plan to install Windows XP on to this notebook, you can find links to its driver here.
You can either click these links or copy and paste them to a new browser to download the driver files.
To install audio / modem drivers, first download and install Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus driver from the following link:
Now, download and install the audio driver from the following link:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34204.exe (UAA Driver needed)
This will create a swsetup folder in C drive
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\sp34204 folder and select the .inf file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Download and install modem driver. This might give error message and also will create a folder C:\swsetup\sp33890 which contains extracted driver files.
The same method which is used for installing audio driver needs to be followed for modem.
Media Card Reader Driver:
Quick Launch/Easy Access Buttons Driver:
Installation Instructions :
1. Download the .exe file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the notebook when the installation is complete.
Download these files and save them for back up for future use. Incase you have any queries, feel free to contact us with your queries.
Trivandrum - 695004
Phone: 0471- 4063818