- Site has been implemented in Drupal 6.x
- Benzinga.com is a content heavy dynamic website featuring more than 20,000 visits per day.
- Due to the high volume of daily visits by anonymous users the site relies heavily on a variety of caching systems and synchronization between these multiple caching systems.
- The notable caching systems we implemented in the site include Memcache, Boost and Varnish.
- Implemented a variety of optimization systems including Views optimization.
- Integrated MongoDB with the existing MySQL database to provide seamless database interaction with a sister website of the site.
- Site utilizes the services of a Content Delivery Network to speed up the delivery of images, CSS and JS and this was done through a Drupal module.
- The site also required a good analytics software to monitor and track the visits to the website. Custom Google Analytics variables were used to track a variety of conditions.
Benzinga also uses Crazy Egg for heatmap analytics.