Zyxware Technologies is looking for a Design Engineer to join our expanding technical team. The Design Engineer is responsible for the overall technical design and build of the custom elements of the solution. He/she should be able to make and validate design decisions. Design Engineer will get opportunity to mentor and lead teams of some of the best talents in web development. The Design Engineer is also responsible for contributing to development of the organisation by upholding our values and being focused on our vision and mission. They will be placed at our office in Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram / Cochin. APPLY ONLINE
- Design Solutions - Design solutions for meeting business requirements. Prepare, review and validate technical documention for the solutions.Execution as per requirements and technical design - SRS preparation, design notes, consultancy to other members on execution, technical inputs for preparing test cases, training to developers in specific technologies, code review. Review the code and ensure that the code written is in line with the technical documents prepared.
- Development Management - Ability to review of code and implementation and prepare reports., technical implementation plan for feature development through modularization and abstraction of tasks, ability to evaluate modules for specific requirements, Preparation of Technical Design Note and Requirements Note. Provide consultation to team leads and help them debug issues on specific parts of the software.
- Knowledge in programming frameworks - Ability to design and build a custom feature or functionality to the application developed, Code level understanding for application development framework and its workflows. Debugging own and contributed modules, Debugging framework level issues, understanding of security and performance issues.
- Server Side Capabilities - Deploying projects to server, debugging in server, Understanding of GNU/Linux OS and command line usage, Configuring server for deployment environment, familiarity with cPanelWHM. Ability to identify and communicate server side issues to Server Support Providers.
- Timeliness of Execution - Implementation plan development, consultancy on optimization of development schedule to meet client time lines, preparation of estimates and schedules, consultancy on complex tasks to other members of the team for timely completion.
- Quality of Execution - Verifying technical implementation of own and others code, technical consultation to clients, reviewing code of other members to ensure coding standards, educating colleagues on coding standards.
- Documentation - Identifying possible opportunities for reuse of code, help sales team to make rough estimates, review technical articles written by team members, developing and standardizing conventions.
- Process Adherence – Contributing to development of processes for improvement, educating team members on processes.
The ideal candidate would have the following profile:
- 3+ years work experience in developing web development applications.
- Familiarity with frameworks/tools like AngularJS, Symfony2, Laravel, NodeJS, Drupal etc.
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice.