We were requested by a client to create and integrate a Facebook Application on their Drupal site which would post the published content automatically on Facebook. For publishing a content from our Drupal site to Facebook Wall, we need to create a Facebook App. If you want to know how to create a Facebook App for posting published content on a Drupal site on Facebook Wall, then continue reading.
- Use this link for creating a new Facebook application: https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- From Application page, Click on 'Create New App' button for creating new Facebook App.
- Add 'App Name' in the Create New App popup window, and click on the "Ok" button to save App Name.
- From app settings page you should add 'App Domains:', 'Website with Facebook Login Site URL:', 'App on Facebook Canvas URL:', 'App on Facebook Secure Canvas URL:'.
- Click on "Save Changes" button to save app settings.
- Use 'App ID:' and 'App Secret:' from Apps page for configuring Facebook OAuth settings in Drupal. (Menu: Admin >> Config >> Facebook OAuth settings)
Now you have your Facebook App ready!