WHM(Web Hosting Manager)
WHM is a web hosting application that provides access to various server tools and functions to help the server administrators and resellers. Using WHM, the administrator can
- Configure reseller and end-user accounts.
- Configure DNS.
- Establish specific service package that includes the various web hosting plans.
- Setup C-panel.
- Establish the skeleton files and folders that are included in a new account.
- Enable branding or reseller accounts.
- Begin,suspend or terminate account services.
- Monitor account activity.
- Establish bandwidth and storage quotas.
- Add delete or modify ip's.
WHM is a very useful program that allows administrative access to the backend of the cPanel. WHM gives the user a lot more control and flexibility irrespective of the number of sites. A single WHM installation gives you the option to create and manage multiple C-panel accounts. It allows server administrators to either enable or disable specific web hosting functions depending on the reseller or the end-user's access privileges.
cPanel is a web hosting application that provides access to various tools and functions to server administrators, resellers and end-users by means of a graphical interface. The main advantage of cPanel is its ease of use. The user doesnt have to type in commands / know how to deal with configuration files. cPanel connects both internal and third party software products that are necessary to perform certain subroutine tasks like
- Enable SPAM filters.
- Setup and check webmail.
- Establish email accounts.
- Access to help files.
- Gain access to support.
- Access to addon features and software such as word press, drupal etc.
- Authorise FTP access.
- Setup cron jobs.
- Initiate backups.
- Monitor bandwidth usage and diskstorage.